New Book

Ben

Habitué
Messages
2
Hi, I'm new here. I've been looking for ways to find my people, and this place seems like a good place to start. I just got my first fantasy/parody book published, but it's kinda niche. It's for the RPG crowd. It's a little terry Pratchett, a little Monty Python and, maybe some Dungeon Crawler Carl. If you are interested I'll leave a link to where you can buy it. or if you have questions just ask.
 

Antimatter

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
1,835
Hi Ben, and welcome to the forum. It's ok to advertise your book here, just without any link. In the meantime, please tell us how you found this forum, what got you into writing, and what your favorite gaming experiences are.
 

Ben

Habitué
Messages
2
I got into writing through D&D. Here is how it happened. I hadn't played D&D in years, but when my son turned 10 I decided it was time he tried it. I made a world from scratch where a red dragon had recently died and his decomposing body was leaking magic into the country side and causing trouble. I really wanted to emphasize that my son and his friends could do anything they wanted, so I wrote a backstory for every NPC and every monster.
Over several months the whole thing just grew uncontrollably. I kept having ideas and adding characters until one of the fathers of one of the kids who had been in the campaign suggested I make the whole thing into a book. It all sat on the shelf for a few years and then I started listening to Dimension 20. The podcast reignited my interest in RPGs in general and I went back and started fleshing out the original world. In the end it's the world creation that I appreciate the most. Playing is fine, but writing characters and describing places is really what I love.
I wrote 9 books and sent out tons of query letters until Nat 1 Publishers scooped me up, and here I am. The first book just came out and the second will be out on January 5. I found you through a google search for RPG forums.
 
Top Bottom